A quick and easy Broccoli Salad
I love a good broccoli salad. Whether raw or steamed, a tasty dressing makes a huge difference. Another favorite way to eat broccoli salad is adding colors.
So how do you add colors? You add colors by adding other vegetables and even fruits. Usually green in color, adding other colorful vegetables such as radishes and mini sweet pepper (yellow, red and orange) is an easy to create a beautiful salad. The mixture becomes almost like a beautiful flower arrangement.
In this recipe, the guava dressing pairs perfectly with all the ingredients. I prepared the dressing with Italian seasoning and garlic for more flavor. A light vinegar makes it all possible to binds all the spices and the guava preserve together.
The almonds add the extra crunchiness. The red onion adds a hint of peppery taste which I enjoy. It awakens the flavor of all the ingredients.
This salad is perfect for the summer months because it is very refreshing and will brighten up your dinner table. It is also a great barbecue and picnic salad. Serve is all year round as long as you can find broccoli in your supermarket.
For the salad
- 2 cups chopped broccoli washed and drained
- 4 radishes sliced thin
- 1 english cucumber cut in small cubes
- 4 - 5 mini peppers sliced thin
- 1- 2 tablespoons sliced Almonds
- A few sliced of red onion
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar (sodium free)
- 1 ½ olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon guava preserve or paste or your preferred choice
- 1 small garlic crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- To assemble the salad, cut the broccoli into bite size.
- Cut the cucumber into small pieces or cubes
- Toss the broccoli florets, radishes, cucumber, mini peppers, almonds, and red onion in a bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, if preferred.
- Serve with your favorite meat, poultry or seafood dish.
You can also use another fruit preserve or paste.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.