Last updated on November 11th, 2021 at 01:33 pm
This Fennel and White Beans Soup recipe is the best way to use fennel in soup. Creamy white beans cook with fennel and seasonings to make a satisfying dish that is sure to get rave reviews.
Bean soup, bean puree, or bean consommé should no longer be a challenge when you learn all the best tricks. My version of the Fennel and White Beans puree recipe will help you be at ease in your kitchen, no need to worry, I promise! It is important to explain a series of steps or processes to arrive at the most delicious and fresh tasting Bean Puree.
About Beans puree
In the Caribbean and in many Latin countries, bean puree is made differently. Many people will add smoked or salted pieces of meat for more flavors and it is quite acceptable. Smoked meats, salted meats or regular pieces of meat or seafood will give your bean soup or puree a delicious taste when cooked properly.
Cooking your beans properly means that you must have patience. I know we all have some issue with that! I feel your pain! Patience is required because bean puree, bean soup or bean consommé takes a long time to cook when using dried beans. The first step to cooking the perfect bean dish is to soak the beans for at least 4 hours or overnight. By soaking the beans you reduce the actual cooking time and always end up with quick-cooked tender beans.
The first actual step is to buy a brand that you trust or are familiar with. I know I have said that a lot, but it is very important. Many times, different brands do not produce the same end results. The cooking process is usually longer, that’s the most common difference. Once you have found your trusted brand, it is time to buy fresh herbs.
Fresh herbs and White Beans Soup
Cooking with fresh herbs is usually better than cooking with mixed dried spices because most of the time, the manufacturers will add salt or sodium, which is not good for our health. It is best to buy dry herbs and create your own mix or buy the ones without sodium. That sounds much rewarding I bet!
The next step is choosing your vegetables. Always choose vegetables you are familiar with and vegetables that can be eaten raw. I find that when adding vegetables that can be eaten raw to a bean soup, you taste nature! I am serious about that. You taste the freshness and pure flavors of the veggies.
This dish is not originated from the Caribbean, but I think it is worth trying if you can find fennel at your local supermarket. My version of Fennel and White Bean Soup can be made with vegetable broth or chicken broth – it is all about preference.
You can also use add any of the Noubess Hot and Spicy Sauces for a delicious hot and spicy taste. If you are planning on adding canned beans, please don’t buy the cheap kind. By the way, we are trying to eat healthy meals right? So use fresh ingredients.
Beans Soups Recipes Ideas
- HOW TO BOIL MOST DRIED BEANS
- EASY 16 BEANS AND HAM SOUP RECIPE
- HOW TO MAKE GARBANZO BEANS OR CHICKPEAS PUREE
- THE PERFECT BLACK BEANS SOUP
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large fennel bulb julienne
- 1 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped roughly
- 1 medium onion julienne
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1- handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ cup cooked white beans white kidney beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth
- Sea salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- 2 handful baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Noubess Hot and Spicy Sauce
- Heat a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add olive oil. Once oil is hot, add fennel bulb, fresh thyme, parsley, onion, and butter. Cook veggies and add the chopped garlic cloves after 5 – 7 minutes and continue to cook for about 10 to 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add cherry tomatoes, bay leaf and cook for 5 minutes. Add white beans and stir. Add vegetable or chicken broth. Bring to a boil, season to taste, reduce heat and allow soup to come to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes. Season with Noubess Hot and Spicy Sauce and season to taste, with salt and pepper again if desired.
If using canned beans, reduce cooking time.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.