Parmesan Veggie Quiche: I always hear that the key to making an outstanding Quiche is removing it from the oven when it has barely set, a bit soft on top.
When do you know that the Quiche has barely set? Quiche is set when it looks like a firm Jell-O that can scarcely jiggle, unlike cheesecake. That’s my interpretation. Whatever works for me, I guess! LOL
Every Quiche recipe I create is always different. Every Quiche recipe I try is different. It may be because of cheese, type of spices, crust, eggs, etc. Or it might even be because of the way I was feeling on that particular day. I made this Parmesan Veggie Quiche because I have not had a Quiche with Parmesan cheese in a while.
I prefer my Quiche with a “tart” cheese such asiago or sharp cheddar. A quiche made with Swiss cheese or Gruyère cheese does not appeal to me much. I prefer a more pungent cheese with a veggie Quiche.
I believe veggies need some tart flavor to wake up when mixed with milk or heavy cream. Veggies need strong-flavored cheese to bring out their delicious healthy flavors. Although Parmesan cheese is not as tart as other cheeses, it still gives a fantastic palatable taste and texture to the veggies.
A note about The recipe
One way to make a quick and easy quiche is by using a store-bought pie crust. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Many of the pie crusts they sell at the supermarket are well made. But of course, a homemade pie crust will taste much better.
For starters, you will need a deep pie crust. The other ingredients are easily found in any local market. Make sure that you use freshly grated Parmesan cheese for the best result.
I hope you enjoy this Parmesan Veggie Quiche recipe with baby Portobello mushrooms, sweet peppers, onions, and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Make this recipe all year-round with your favorite vegetables. Remember to cut the veggies small and about the same size.
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts (store-bought, deep pie crust preferably)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 cup baby portabella mushroom sliced
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup white onions finely chopped
- ¼ cup sweet peppers mini peppers preferably
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper ground
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 1 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180ºC / 350ºF / Gas Mark 4.
- In a skillet, add butter and garlic. Once the butter has melted, add mushroom. Let mushroom fry for about 1 minute while stirring over medium-high heat. Add lemon juice and stir and lower heat. Add onions, peppers, salt and black pepper. Let veggies cook for 3 – 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and add cream and cheese. Stir in veggies. Pour mixture into pastry shell. Bake until center of quiche is just set, 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.