Zucchini Bread, the most Flavorful and Healthy sweet bread by my dear sister Erika.
My sister Erika is a better baker than me and it is the truth. She can sometimes be a little too happy with her spices when baking, but somehow her baking goods always come out great.
If you love ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg in your baked sweet bread you are in for a treat. This recipe is actually made with Whole White Wheat.
Whole wheat white flour is milled from the hard white wheat berry. It contains the entire wheat berry; the difference is in the white berry’s bran, and the result is a lighter colored, sweeter tasting flour. Retaining the bran and germ yields a flour with more fiber and naturally occurring nutrients. (thekitchn.com)
When cooking with White Whole Wheat flour you must add extra moisture so your baked goods do not come out dry. I would recommend adding fruits or veggies when the extra moisture is needed. The moisture from the zucchini will keep the bread moist during baking, there is not need to worry about that with this zucchini bread. The coconut oil is a better alternative than regular oil because the texture is very light.
Spices such as ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg add tons of flavor to the bread. Another show stopper, dark rum, adds a subtle taste with its smooth and soft scent of cane sugar. The special dark rum use is Rhum Barbancourt.
We rarely use another brand of dark rum because we love the strong and beautiful taste and the aroma of our Haitian rum.
This wonderful tasty Zucchini Bread is best enjoyed as breakfast, snack, or brunch. The bread freezes well if wrapped properly and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Thank you, Erika, for sharing this wonderful recipe with us.
- 3 cups whole white wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1½ cup coconut oil
- 2 cups sugar organic sugar preferably
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons dark rum
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup nuts walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 or one 12 x 4 1/2-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, sift all dried ingredients with the exception of the sugar and nuts
- In another large bowl, beat eggs and oil together. Stir in vanilla extract and rum. Add sugar and mix well to combine.
- Add the flour mixture, a third at a time, to the sugar and egg mixture, stirring after each incorporation.
- Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s)
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a tester inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 15 – 20 minutes. Turn out onto wire racks to cool thoroughly.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.