Quick and Spicy Cucumber Salad is flavorful and refreshing. Quick salads are very common these days as we all want to spend less time in the kitchen. We prefer spending more time with doing other things. In the Caribbean salads are always simple as I can remember.
The usual lettuce, tomato, cucumber is not uncommon to be found at a dinner table. Lots of preparation is the norm at dinner time in the Caribbean. With much time spent on preparing and cooking meat, grains and beans dishes, a simple salad is often needed to complete dinner.
These types of salads are usually served with a dish of meat, poultry or seafood, rice and boiled provisions. The salad is served first with the provisions and the protein. The rice or cornmeal perhaps is served with a creole sauce or meat sauce.
Cucumber has many great health benefits. Some of the major benefits are: keeps you hydrated, keeps your body nourished with vitamins A, B and C, and aids with weight loss.
Incorporate more fruits and vegetables in your daily food regimen for a healthy you.
- 2 young cucumbers cut into thin slices
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 scallion sliced thin
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 hot pepper seeded, thinly sliced (Habanero or Scotch Bonnet)
- Juice of 1 - 2 limes
- Place the cucumber slices in a large bowl with the garlic, scallion and hot pepper. Add salt, pepper and lime juice last. Gently mix well. Store in refrigerator until serving time.
- Bring to room temperature and serve.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.