Cucumber salad is a classic summer side dish, and for good reason. It’s refreshing, light, and easy to make. But if you’re looking for a little more flavor and excitement, try this quick and spicy cucumber salad recipe.
Caribbean salads are simple and refreshing, perfect for a quick and easy side dish. This quick and spicy cucumber salad is no exception. It’s made with just a few simple ingredients, but it’s packed with flavor.
This salad is made with just a few simple ingredients, including cucumbers, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, chili oil, and sesame seeds. It’s ready in just 10 minutes, making it the perfect side dish for busy weeknights.
The chili oil gives the salad a nice kick, but you can adjust the amount to your liking. If you’re not a fan of spice, you can omit the chili oil altogether.
This salad is also a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables. Cucumbers are packed with vitamins and minerals, and they’re also very hydrating.
The ingredients needed for the cucumber salad
Cucumbers: Young cucumbers are small, tender cucumbers that are usually picked before they reach full maturity. They have thin, delicate skin and a crisp, refreshing flavor.
Garlic clove: Garlic is a pungent bulb that is used in many cuisines around the world. It has a strong, earthy flavor that adds depth and complexity to dishes.
Scallion: Scallions, also known as green onions, are mild onions with a long, green stem and a white bulb. They have a slightly sweet, oniony flavor and are often used as a garnish or added to dishes for extra flavor.
Sea salt: Sea salt is a coarse salt that is made from evaporated seawater. It has a slightly briny flavor that can enhance the flavor of food.
Freshly ground pepper: Freshly ground pepper has a more intense flavor than pre-ground pepper. It adds a bit of heat and spiciness to dishes.
Hot pepper seeded, thinly sliced (Habanero or Scotch Bonnet): Habaneros and Scotch Bonnets are two types of hot peppers that are known for their intense heat. They are often used in Caribbean and Mexican cuisine. You can also substitute the hot pepper for NouBess Hot and Spicy Sauce.
Lime juice: Lime juice is a sour citrus juice that is often used to add flavor to dishes. It has a bright, tangy flavor that can help to balance out the heat of the hot pepper.
To make the salad
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber slices, garlic, scallion, and hot pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with lime juice and mix gently.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Bring the salad to room temperature before serving.
Notes and tips
Here are some tips for making the quick and spicy cucumber salad:
- Use young cucumbers for the best flavor and texture.
- Cut the cucumbers into thin slices so that they are easy to eat.
- If you don’t have any hot peppers, you can substitute red pepper flakes or another type of chili pepper.
- Add other herbs and spices to the salad to your liking, such as cilantro, mint, or cumin.
- Taste the salad before serving and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- If you are going to make the salad ahead of time, do not add the lime juice until you are ready to serve. The lime juice will make the cucumbers watery if they sit in it for too long.
Here are some additional tips:
- For a spicier salad, add more hot pepper or chili flakes.
- For a creamier salad, add a dollop of Greek yogurt or mayonnaise.
- Serve the salad with grilled chicken, fish, or tofu for a complete meal.
- Enjoy the salad immediately for the best flavor and texture.
I hope these tips help you to make the perfect quick and spicy cucumber salad!
This spicy cucumber salad is a refreshing and flavorful side dish. You can adjust the amount of hot pepper to your liking, or omit it altogether. Other herbs and spices, such as cilantro, mint, or cumin, can also be added to the salad.
This type of salad is typically served with a dish of meat, poultry, or seafood, rice, and boiled provisions. The salad is served first, followed by the provisions and the protein. The rice or bulgur wheat may be served with a Creole sauce or meat sauce.
Cucumbers have many health benefits. They are hydrating and packed with vitamins A, B, and C. Cucumbers can also aid in weight loss.
Incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your daily diet for a healthier you!
- 2 young cucumbers cut into thin slices
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 scallion sliced thin
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 hot pepper seeded, thinly sliced (Habanero or Scotch Bonnet)
- Juice of 1 – 2 limes
- Place the cucumber slices in a large bowl with the garlic, scallion and hot pepper. Add salt, pepper and lime juice last. Gently mix well. Store in refrigerator until serving time.
- Bring to room temperature and serve.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.