This easy beef stew recipe is a comfort slow-cooked dish with beef chuck, kale, zucchini, simmered in a rich herb and spices blend. A meat stew is considered the ultimate comfort food in many cultures. When served with potatoes it is a classic dish.
Beef loves a fresh herb and spices blend. If you are press for time, a trusted combination of dried herbs and spices will embrace the flavors of the beef. Add your vegetables and liquid of choice; you have an excellent stew.
The key to a successful beef stew are spices and your vegetable combination. Having a good condiment makes a huge difference. For example, my Original Hot Sauce is perfect when seasoning red meat.
Oftentimes, red meat needs strong herbs and spices. The hot sauce or condiment is a mixture of concentrated herbs and spices with hot peppers that create an authentic taste of the Caribbean.
Instead of adding fresh hot peppers or instead of looking for a seasoning salt spice, add my special bold flavor condiment. It will not only add tons of flavor to your dish, but it will also add the authentic taste of the Caribbean you may be craving.
Don’t forget to learn more about the vegetables you like. Consider their taste when experimenting with meat. Usually, leafy veggies go well with meat stews.
- 1-2 pound boneless beef chuck tip or round roast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons mixed spices or 2 tablespoons Mrs Dash original seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Noubess Hot and Spicy Original Sauce
- 1/4 cup diced fresh tomatoes or 1 ¼ tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 - 4 cups chopped kale chopped finely
- 1 small yellow squash zucchini, chopped
- 1 small green squash (zucchini), chopped
- Cut meat in cubes and clean with lemon or vinegar. Rinse and pat dry. Place meat in large bowl. Add spices, hot sauce, oil and vinegar. Mix well, cover and chill for 2 - 3 hours before cooking.
- Remove from refrigerator and bring to room temperature. In a heavy bottom pan, add beef and marinade. Cook beef on medium high for about 7 - 10 minutes, then lower heat and continue to cook for 12-15 minutes - making sure the beef has enough liquid to cook. If need be, add only 1/4 cup at a time. (but not necessary).
- Add diced tomatoes and continue to cook until well incorporated for another 5 minutes. If using tomato paste, dilute in a little bit of water and stir in.
- Add chopped kale and diced green and yellow squash (zucchini). Season to taste. Add 1 cup water and stir, season to taste again. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 40 minutes to 1 hour or until beef fully cooked.
- Serve with rice or root vegetables
Taste may be a bit mild for some people if using Mrs. Dash. Adjust seasoning as needed.
Add more vegetables to the stew if preferred, and adjust seasoning.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.