Last updated on May 26th, 2022 at 01:39 pm
Chickpea Flour Pancakes seasoned with Noubess Hot Sauce, the perfect side dish to serve with veggies, meat, poultry or seafood
Pancakes are very versatile and make great side dishes. There are several types of pancakes. Sweet or savory, pancakes are also called flatbreads in many regions.
This pancake recipe is made with chickpea flour.
What is chickpea flour?
Chickpea flour also called garbanzo bean flour is stone ground from rich and hearty whole garbanzo beans. It is a great source of fiber high, helps improve heart health, diabetes, and weight loss lowers inflammation and improves the immune system.
Chickpea or garbanzo bean flour is also good for baked goods. It is a great alternative to wheat flour, cake flour, and all-purpose flour.
The pancake recipe is a crepe-like savory pancake. Similar to the Indian recipe for chickpea flour pancake, my version contains fewer ingredients because I added Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Sauce as a seasoning.
This is a Gluten-free Soy-free Nut-free Recipe.
These pancakes are easy and perfect for breakfast, lunch, and even dinner. You can also serve them a snack, or a side of flatbread.
Enjoy this amazing recipe.
Other pancake recipes that may interest you:
- How to make Fluffy Spelt Flour Buttermilk Pancakes
- Fluffy Apple Pancakes with Maple Syrup Butter
- Banana Buckwheat Pancakes
- 1 cup chickpea / garbanzo bean flour
- 1½ cups water
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon Noubess Hot and Spicy Sauce
- ½ cup finely chopped scallions
- ¼ cup packed chopped parsley
- 1 to 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil divided
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpea flour and ¾ cup water. Whisk until you get a smooth consistency. Add about ½ to ¾ cup water and continue to whisk the mixture to make a thin lump-free batter.
- Add the salt, turmeric, shallots, parsley, hot sdauce and 1 teaspoon of oil and mix well. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, drizzle a few drops of grapeseed oil and spread using a paper towel.
- Use either a small ladle, a measuring cups about ? or ¼ cup. With either the ladle or measuring cup, pour the batter onto the skillet. Spread the batter by moving the skillet to make a 6 to 8-inch pancake. You may need to drizzle a few drops of grapeseed oil on the edges of the pancake.
- Cook the pancake for about 3 – 4 minutes or until the edges start to leave the pan and the bottom is golden brown. With a spatula, flip and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat step to make additional pancakes. Serve hot with a dipping sauce or as a side dish.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.