Did you know that you can prepare the most original and most delicious pasta dish in about one hour? Yes, you can!
You may think it is difficult, but it is not. Pasta noodles are one of the most accessible ingredients to cook. Eight to twelve minutes is usually time it takes for the noodles to cook al dente. Cooking the pasta Al dente means preparing it not to be too soft and still firm to the bite.
You will first need the perfect pasta noodle, the best tomato sauce, the right herbs and spices and one pound of lean ground beef if you are cooking for four people. The perfect pasta noodle for meat sauce starts with knowing the different shapes.
Short tube pasta like Rigatoni is very versatile. The Rigatoni pasta is excellent for soups, salads, casseroles, and dishes with sauces. Its shape and ridges are perfect for catching creamy sauces.
When cooking ground meat with pasta, I prefer cooking the ground meat halfway before adding spices, sauce or cheese.
You cook the ground meat with very little oil, breaking the lumps and continue mixing the mixture. When the meat starts to change color, you should then add either wet spices or dry spices. The meat will continue to cook with the spices. Add the remaining ingredients at the right time, and you will have the perfect spices meat.
If cooking with wet spices, I recommend mixing my mango gourmet hot sauce with the wet spice for more flavor. If cooking with dried spices, I recommend adding the hot sauce first, mix it well with the meat and add your spices. This way everything is well blended.
You will also notice that the recipe does not have can tomatoes. I have stopped using canned tomatoes many months ago. I prefer using fresh tomatoes in most of most of my recipes.
Perfectly spiced and cooked ground meat with tomato sauce coats each Rigatoni noodle is the best comfort food to enjoy with loved ones any time of the year.
Easy Rigatoni Pasta with Meat Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes juicy tomatoes
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon basic mixed herbs and spices blend
- ½ to 1 teaspoon Mango Gourmet Hot Sauces
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Heat a large saucepan with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add fresh chopped tomatoes and bring to a boil, then lower heat to a brisk simmer. With a wooden spoon preferably, crush the the chunks to help release the juices rapidly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Continue to cook to produce a medium-thick sauce, about 7 to 15 minutes. Set aside
- Heat a large saucepan with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Brown the ground beef. Add herbs and spices blend, hot sauce, and garlic to saucepan and cook for 3 minutes while stirring.
- Deglaze the pan with red wine. Add in the tomato sauce, breaking any lumps as you stir them and bring to a simmer. Add the bay leaf and taste for seasoning. You may want to add a little salt here. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, skimming off any excess fat that comes to the top.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the rigatoni until just done, about 14 minutes. Drain and gently toss with the sauce to coat the pasta. Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan, and a drizzle of olive oil and serve immediately.
- Serve the pasta garnished with the additional cheese.