Spaghetti with Garlic and Mushrooms, a new recipe I am very proud to share. I am proud because it tastes very delicious and my photography skills are getting better. Have you seen the photos, the crispiness? I am so happy! I have to say that I am slowly learning how to listen to my inner self. My conscience, my alter ego, the little voice inside me that keeps reminding me to slow down, take my time, and breathe. Everything will be all right!!!
I am also delighted to share my recipe Spaghetti with Garlic and Mushrooms with you because this is a dish you can prepare with ease. And by that, I mean a delicious and very appetizing dish such as this one takes less than 30 minutes to make.
I have learned throughout the years to keep my quick recipes close to my heart so I can stay stress-free. If you are like me and always have to be ready for hungry people you will understand. When you have family members, siblings, friends, a husband, a lover, or a wife who says “I am hungry” at the most inconvenient time, you must always be ready to whip out one of those recipes.
A recipe like this one is convenient and effortless. I usually have some type of mushroom that makes this recipe very convenient because the other ingredients are are always available in my pantry. Spaghetti, for example is a staple in everyone’s pantry. Garlic and parsley, who does not cook with them? And not to forget oil, salt and pepper – so what is keeping you from creating quick and easy meals for your family?
How should I explain the recipe? A recipe as such does not need lots of explanation because it is very basic. The only thing I would recommend is to be careful not to burn the garlic. Burnt garlic in pasta when not intended is usually not a good combination, unless it is roasted and recommended.
Burnt garlic has a tendency to be bitter and therefore will make any dish a bit bitter with a rancid taste. I don’t think anyone would want to eat a pasta dish with a bitter and rancid taste. Not me, I can tell you that. I don’t believe you would also.
This is a dish that you can prepare in minutes for dinner. You can either serve it with a side of Caesar salad for example and with grilled or roasted seafood or simply roasted chicken. You see I did not mention red meat, right? The reason is because of experience. For some reason every time I have red meat if it is not with grilled or roasted with tons of spices it is not satisfying to my taste. You may think otherwise. I love bold flavors and lots of spices and therefore my palette has to be satisfied with my meal combination. Try this dish today or even this weekend if you have time.
For some reason, every time I have red meat if it is not with grilled or roasted with tons of spices it is not satisfying to my taste. You may think otherwise. I love bold flavors and lots of spices and therefore my palette has to be satisfied with my meal combination. Try this dish today or even this weekend if you have time.
Spaghetti with Garlic and Mushroom
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/3 cup + 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ pound portobello mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground peppercorn to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to packaging. Drain, set aside and reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- In a large pan, heat oil over low heat add garlic and cook stirring until softens about 1 minute. Add mushroom, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Stir to mix, and when mushroom starts to cook, add lemon juice if using and continue to cook until the liquid starts to evaporate and the mushroom starts to turn brown. Add parsley and spaghetti and stir and mix all ingredients together. If pasta needs moisture gradually add some of the reserved water. Cook for about 2 – 3 minutes, remove from heat and serve promptly.