The perfect breakfast should start with something you enjoy, maybe a delicious Banana Shake. With some pizazz, this might be the most flavorful shake you ever had.
I always need food that will make me smile in the morning. That is why I usually make a fruit shake. Fruits shakes are very easy to make. Add all the ingredients to the blender, and you are done. Now, how cool is that! You don’t even have to spend much time in the kitchen.
How to make this Banana Shake recipe
Let’s review the ingredients before talking about the instruction.
- Bananas – best to buy organic if you can.
- Evaporated milk preferably, regular milk, almond milk is fine also.
- Ground Ginger for that special spiced kick. You can use fresh ginger as well if you prefer.
- Ground Cinnamon, contains tons of health benefits and adds tons of flavor to baked goods and shakes.
- Ground Nutmeg, same as the cinnamon. It contains tons of health benefits and super flavorful spice for baked goods.
- Vanilla extract, this great ingredient is perfect in shake smoothies and baked goods. And let’s not forget fresh lemonade.
- Honey, a great sweetener option for teas, shakes, smoothies, and fresh juices.
- Ice crushed, just because it needs it. When using evaporated milk, add crushed ice to dilute the milk. If using regular milk, or almond milk adding ice is optional.
Peeled bananas, add all ingredients in the blender, with honey being last to add. Blend until smooth. Serve cold.
Tips and Notes
- Any milk you use must be cold to enjoy the flavors better
- When using evaporated milk, add crushed ice to dilute the milk.
- If using regular milk, or almond milk adding ice is optional.
This shake is best made with evaporated milk. It also tastes great with Almond milk. This recipe is no ordinary shake. With all the great spices in this shake, the only thing to do is to enjoy it. Any milk you use must be cold to enjoy the flavors better.
This shake is excellent because it can be substituted for a meal. So skip the bread one morning and enjoy this Easy Banana Shake. Or add a homemade cookie!
- 2 bananas
- 1 ½ cups milk evaporated preferred, regular milk, almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup ice crushed
- Peeled bananas, add all ingredients in the blender, with honey being last to add. Blend until smooth. Serve cold.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.
Originally published June 1, 2013. Updated to add additional content.