The perfect breakfast should start with something you enjoy, maybe a delicious Banana Shake. This might be the most delightful shake you ever had with some pizazz.
I always need food that will make me smile in the morning. That is why I usually make a fruit shake. Fruits shakes are very easy to make. Add all the ingredients to the blender, and you are done. Now, how cool is that! You don’t even have to spend much time in the kitchen.
How to make this Banana Shake recipe
Let’s review the ingredients before talking about the instruction.
- Bananas – best to buy organic if you can, but not necessary.
- Evaporated milk preferably, regular milk, almond milk is fine also. If using evaporated milk, it is better to use crushed ice instead of water to dilute the milk.
- Ground Ginger for that special spiced kick. You can use fresh ginger as well if you prefer.
- Ground Cinnamon contains many health benefits and adds tons of flavor to baked goods and shakes.
- Ground Nutmeg, same as the cinnamon. It contains tons of health benefits and super flavorful spice for baked goods.
- Vanilla extract, this fantastic ingredient, is perfect in shake smoothies and baked goods. And let’s not forget fresh lemonade.
- Honey is an excellent sweetener option for teas, shakes, smoothies, and fresh juices.
- Ice crushed, just because it needs it. When using evaporated milk, add crushed ice to dilute the milk. If using regular milk or almond milk adding ice is optional.
Peel the bananas, and add all ingredients to the blender, with honey being the last to add. Blend until smooth. Serve cold.
Tips and Notes
- Any milk you use must be cold to enjoy the flavors better
- When using evaporated milk, add crushed ice to dilute the milk.
- If using regular milk or almond milk adding ice is optional. But remember that the milk must be ice cold.
This shake is best made with evaporated milk. It also tastes excellent with Almond milk. This recipe is no ordinary shake. With all the great spices in this shake, the only thing to do is enjoy it. Any milk you use must be cold to enjoy the flavors better.
This banana shake is excellent because it can be substituted for a meal. So skip the bread one morning and enjoy this Easy Banana Shake. Or add a homemade oatmeal cookie!
- 2 bananas
- 1 ½ cups milk evaporated preferred, regular milk, almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup ice crushed
- Peeled bananas, add all ingredients in the blender, with honey being last to add. Blend until smooth. Serve cold.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.
Originally published June 1, 2013. Updated to add additional content.