Just another quick and easy side dish that goes well with my roasted chicken recipe I shared earlier. Here is the link to the Roasted Chicken recipe. A Panzanella Salad or Bread Salad is super easy and a minimalist recipe I call it. The reason for it is because it has everyday ingredients and it is not expensive.
Although this is a recipe that has been inspired by My Food & Wine Annual 2015 Cookbook, there are many variations I can come up with. For example, the recipe has red wine vinegar, and if not available, it can easily be substituted with sherry vinegar, a fruity and pleasant taste.
Two other ingredients on the list are peasant bread and Kirby cucumbers.
Don’t forget to get my Roasted Chicken recipe to complete your meal.
This bread salad is suggested to be served as a whole meal Roasted Chicken with Bread Salad.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 9 oz day-old pheasant bread cut into 3/4 inch cubes 6 cups (or any crusty bread)
- 3 to matoes or combination of different color heirloom tomatoes
- 2 Kirby cucumber sliced
- 1 scallions sliced thin, optional
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves optional
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil with the vinegar and season with salt and pepper and toss. Serve with Roast Chicken to complete your Sunday meal.
Roast Chicken with Bread Salad recipe
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.