This Parmesan Chicken recipe is basic and simple to make. The recipe is from Ina Garten and I took it up a notch. My updated version is a win-win recipe every single time.
The secret to making crispy Parmesan Chicken is crispy panko, a good parmesan cheese, and the right seasoning mixture. The seasoning includes Noubess Poultry Seasoning which is salt-free and full of flavor. I prefer adding a salt-free seasoning for health reasons and also to better control my sodium intake.
Mixed with extra garlic powder, the flour seasoning mixture coats every chicken breast perfectly. The seasoned panko gives each chicken pieces an irresistible and tasty crunch.
Have you ever seasoned your egg mixture when making Chicken Parmesan? Well, with Noubess’s Hot and Spicy Original with Herbs blend, you can. I added just 1/8 of a teaspoon just for a hint of spiciness.
Your chicken parmesan dinner just got better with an overload of savory taste. Parmesan chicken served with a delicious salad is comforting and hearty – the perfect dinner meal for any weeknights.
I believe in cleaning my meat with lemon juice or vinegar. Therefore after I flattened the chicken breasts, I rinsed them in a vinegar and water bath. It is a Caribbean thing to clean meat, poultry, and seafood.
To complete the meal, I served it with two of my favorite side dishes, a salad made with apples and cucumbers and warm carrots with dried cherries. I also serve it with a Creole sauce to make it more appetizing. The combination of crisp, hint of spiciness and sweet and a wonderful and filling meal.
Easy and Tasty Parmesan Chicken
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Noubess Poultry Seasoning
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon Noubess Hot and Spicy Original with Herbs
- 1 1/4 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs Panko preferably
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus extra for serving
- Unsalted butter
- Good olive oil
- Creole sauce
- Pound the chicken breasts until they are 1/4 inch thick. You can use either a meat maller or a rolling pin.
- Prepare a water and vinegar bath. Rinse the chicken breasts in the prepared bath and dry thoroughly. (optional)
- Combine the flour, salt, and poultry seasoning on a dinner plate. On a second plate, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water and hot and spicy original herbs blend. On the third plate, combine the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Coat the chicken breast on both sides with the flour mixture, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and dredge both sides in the bread-crumb mixture, pressing lightly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan and cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked trough. Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breast.
- Serve with creole sauce and your preferred side dishes.