This easy Pan-Roasted Mushrooms and Tomatoes recipe is made with the most delicious zesty flavors of Noubess Hot and Spicy Pineapple, and only take a few minutes to prepare.
Mixing or cooking mushroom with other ingredients is very common. Not all types of mushroom are edible. One particular, Djon Djon, which is common in Haiti, make a good Black Rice as many people call it. For this type of mushroom, only the broth is used. The broth is used to also cook meat or poultry stews.
Tomatoes are one of the very few ingredients when mixed with mushroom makes a delicious, colorful and easy dish. The tomatoes add vibrant colors to any dish and not only make the dish beautiful but help also with moisture.
Keep mushroom hydrated
When cooking mushroom you must make sure you add the right amount of moisture. If too much the mushroom will cook too fast and will lose most of its fresh flavors. Overcooked mushroom is not tasty!
When searing mushroom, either olive oil or butter and water or even wine will do. The mushroom needs enough moisture to cook evenly. This goes for most types of edible mushroom.
For this pan-roasted mushroom recipe, I used organic King Oysters mushrooms. They are meaty and sear very well. The mushrooms are seasoned with Noubess Infused Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, salt and Noubess Hot and Spicy Pineapple Sauce. To add more moisture and to allow the mushrooms to cook, I also used olive oil.
The cherry tomatoes are cooked only for a few minutes in the same pan to avoid having to wash tons of dishes.
This pan-roasted mushrooms dish is a great plant-based recipe and can be served as a main dish or a side dish.
Notes: If you cannot find King Oysters Mushrooms, you can use Portobello or any large type of mushroom.
- In a small bowl, mix Noubess oil and hot and spicy sauce
- Add king oyster mushrooms to large bowl; toss to combine.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil olive oil in the pan on medium. Add the mushrooms to pan; stir. Cook, without stirring, 2 – 3 minutes. Season with salt. Cook, stirring often, about 6 – 8 minutes until browned.
- Transfer mushrooms to plate.
- Add tomatoes and cook for about 2 – 3 minutes until they are about to burst. Return mushrooms to pan and toss all together in pan; heat to the desired temperature.
- Remove and serve.