Another wonderful recipe I came up with using leeks to make Baked Potatoes with Leeks and Lemon Zest.
When buying leeks, one cannot purchase one stalk. It is usually 2 or more stalks depending on the supermarket. Since I had extra leek stalks from the last dish I made, I decided to add it to my baked potatoes instead of onions.
[ihc-hide-content ihc_mb_type=”block” ihc_mb_who=”unreg” ihc_mb_template=”1″ ]
I also added lemon zest to the recipe just for fun and for a different type of flavor. The lemon added a little zing to the dish, which I was pleased with. This delightful side dish was a great accompaniment for my roasted chicken. Baked Potatoes with Leeks and Lemon Zest is a keeper. That reminds me, I need to post a roasted chicken recipe. It won’t be long, I promise.
- 2 cups Potatoes diced - about 2 large potatoes
- 2 cups Leeks cleaned, rinsed and finely chopped - about 2 large
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary Leaves dried or fresh
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- Preheat oven to 365 degree F. Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch cubes and add to a bowl. Thoroughly wash leeks and finely chopped using white and light green part of the leeks only. Add leeks to potato bowl. Add olive oil, rosemary leaves, salt, black pepper and lemon zest. Mix well and add to a baking dish. Bake 30 minutes and remove from oven, stir and continue baking for 20 minutes. Remove and serve hot with your favorite meat dish.