A spin on Crispy Chicken Dinner using Noubess Condiments and Spices. Crispy Chicken with Chayote and Carrot Stew is the perfect entree for a great dinner meal for your loved ones.
Crispy chicken with chayote and carrot stew is a delicious and healthy dish perfect for a weeknight meal. The chicken is roasted in the oven until it is golden brown and crispy, and then it is simmered in a flavorful stew made with chayote, carrots, onions, and tomatoes. The stew is seasoned with a variety of herbs and spices, and it is finished with a touch of cream. This dish is hearty and satisfying, and it is sure to please everyone at the table
The ingredients you will need for the Crispy Chicken with Chayote and Carrot Stew recipe
- Chicken legs and thighs: a combination of both makes serving the dish easy.
- Unsalted butter: to give the sauce a smooth texture.
- Chayote: a versatile vegetable that is great in stews or Haitian legumes
- Parsnip: the taste is phenomenal. The tangy taste is superb with the chicken.
- Celery stalk: a great ingredient for stew in general. It adds flavor to dishes.
- Onion: for flavor, use white or red onion.
- Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning: for flavor.
- Noubess Poultry Seasoning: for flavor.
- Heavy cream: to help the sauce thicken and create a smooth texture. Some vegetables will release a lot of juice, so adding the heavy cream will avoid having a runny and clear sauce.
- Olive oil: for flavor and cooking.
- Noubess Hot and Spicy Sauce: a spicy and delightful taste
- Dry white wine: a little bit of acidity always helps.
- Chicken broth: for flavor and to help the vegetables and the chicken cook.
How to make the Crispy Chicken with Chayote and Carrot Stew recipe
Chicken thighs and legs seasoned with Noubess Poultry Seasoning, pan-fried, and then roasted in the oven. The chicken pieces are then added to a perfectly seasoned vegetable mixture prepared with Chayote, carrots, parsnip, celery, onion, Noubess Hot Sauce and Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning. Everything is cooked in the oven at 350 degrees F in white wine and chicken broth.
Notes and Tips
- For a more flavorful stew, brown the chicken in a Dutch oven or heavy pot before adding it to the skillet.
- If you can’t find chayote, you can substitute zucchini or yellow squash.
- Serve the stew with rice, quinoa, or crusty bread.
- Leftover stew can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 1 month. The vegetables are very soft and will not freeze well if you leave them frozen longer.
- 3 – 4 pounds Chicken legs and thighs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 chayote peeled, core removed and diced
- 1 large parsnip peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Noubess Poultry Seasoning
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Noubess Hot and Spicy Sauce
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Clean chicken pieces (your preferred way), pat dry and set aside. Mix Noubess Poultry Seasoning, and oil in a small bowl. Pour over chicken and make sure every piece is coated.
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Add the chayote, parsnip, carrot, onion, Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning and Noubess Hot and Spicy Mango sauce. Cook over moderate heat for 3 – 5 minutes until almost tender. Pour heavy cream, mix well and remove from heat and set aside.
- In an ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add to the chicken to the skillet, skin side down. Cook over high heat until the skin is crisp, 5 minutes. Turn the chicken and continue to brown for another 3 – 4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside. (Don’t crowd the pan, fry the chicken in batches).
- Add vegetables to the same skillet and top with chicken. Pour wine and chicken broth to skillet. Return skillet to stovetop and bring to a boil under medium. Cook covered for about 15 – 20 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Uncover and continue to boil on low to reduce the sauce at least by half and to make it a bit thicker.
- Remove from heat and serve with grains or pasta.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.