Simple, easy and just delicious! Linguine with Onion, Bacon, and Asparagus may just be what you need to get dinner ready in a jiffy. Pasta, meat, and vegetables – all in one pan.
This pasta dish is incredibly flavorful and quick. We can’t get enough of it because it is a complete meal. Linguine pasta goes well with meat, sauce, and vegetables. You can even eat it with cheese alone. Check out this recipe, how to add flavor to your pasta. You only need very few ingredients.
Pasta makes meals preparation a breeze
Pasta is one of the most bought pantry staples. There is always a box or a bag of pasta in most pantries. Because of its versatility, it is no wonder that it is a favorite at dinnertime.
The best part of having pasta for a meal is that you can add whatever you want to make it flavorful. Most people find it filling and easy to cook. Even babies fall in love with pasta – hence one of the best foods when compared to rice.
How to make Linguine with Onion, Bacon, and Asparagus
As mentioned before, this dish is very simple and quick to make. While the water is heating, you can prepare the other ingredients. Cook the bacon, chop the onion and slice the asparagus. The linguine won’t take long to cook. When cooked, and before draining, reserve one cup of the pasta water. This is a great tip for all pasta dishes.
Pasta water is a great addition when making a pasta sauce. The starchy water helps glue the pasta and sauce together and also helps thicken the sauce.
- Boil the linguine in a pot of salted, boiling water.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the bacon in a large skillet that can hold the cooked pasta and the veggies. Cook the bacon and reserve the fat if any. Set aside.
- Add the garlic, Noubess Hot Sauce, sliced onion and the asparagus to the skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the linguine to the pan, with half of the reserved pasta water. Toss to mix the pasta with the bacon and the veggies. Let simmer for 2 -3 minutes for the flavors to blend together. If more water is needed add more pasta water and toss.
- Remove the pan from the heat and serve alone or with side salads.
- Pasta: use linguine, fettuccine, penne, farfalle, spaghetti, fusilli, cavatelli, gemelli or ziti.
- Bacon: smoked, turkey, canadian bacon or pancetta.
- Onion: white onion, red onion, scallions, shallots
- Cheese: freshly grated parmesan cheese, gouda, asiago, cheddar, or edam.
- Vegetables: asparagus, broccoli, or green beans.
The bacon and browned onions lend a slight sweetness and saltiness to this dish. The asparagus adds freshness and color. A plate of beautiful and aromatic flavors
Here’s the recipe and enjoy!
- ½ pound about 7 - 8 strips sliced bacon , cut crosswise into ½ strips
- 2 onions , sliced thin
- ½ pound fresh asparagus ends trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ pound linguine
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of generously salted water al dente according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to a medium saute pan large enough to hold the pasta and the veggies. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside. Reserve the bacon fat if any.
- Add garlic, Noubess hot sauce, asparagus and onions to the pan and saute in the bacon grease for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until both the onions and asparagus are cooked but still crunchy.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it. Then add the pasta to the vegetables, ¼ cup of cooked pasta liquid, parsley, and the Parmesan cheese to the saute pan, and toss until combined. Sprinkle the pasta noodles with the remaining Parmesan cheese and serve immediately by itself or with a side dish.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.