This easy pumpkin bread is delicious and moist, with flavors from nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger—used canned or homemade pumpkin.
Fall is upon us, the weather is beautiful, and it means pumpkin time for many people. For my family, it is an entirely different story. Every year I try to make a dish with pumpkin to at least be “a la mode,” but it is always the same excuse.
Pumpkin has a blend taste; pumpkin is this, pumpkin is that… blah, blah, blah! I stopped listening for a long time and would leave the pumpkin dish on the table. Same thing I did with my Delicious Pumpkin Bread recipe I made with dried cranberries. And guess what happened? They ate it, of course.
I have learned that pumpkin needs the right amount of spices and the right balance to be tasteful. Cinnamon and ginger usually do the trick. Nutmeg, if not finely ground, will give pumpkin pie, for example, grainy texture. Mixing different extracts may not be the right idea either. Mixing dried fruits may and may not work; it all depends on the fruit.
I have tried the same recipe with different raisins and apricots and have had different results. I am not sure if the mixture of a homemade vanilla extract made with pure vodka and the addition of the dried cranberries is the success of this delicious bread, but for now, this is my favorite. Oh! And why is this called bread when it has alcohol (vanilla extract)? These days everything tastes good with a little bit of this and a little bit of that.
The recipe is pretty simple to make. No hard work! Mix all dry ingredients together, and separately mix all wet ingredients, and slowly combine both mixtures. Voila! All done! A Delicious Pumpkin Bread Recipe.
- 1 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups of sugar organic preferably
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 large eggs beaten
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Grease and flour a 9.25 x 5.25 x 2.75 in pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixer bowl, add flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Stir to blend on low setting.
- In a separate bowl, slightly beat eggs and add oil, water, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree. Set mixer on stir setting and slowly add pumpkin puree mix and blend completely.
- Add fruits and fold into mixture. Pour batter into pan and bake 60 minutes or 1 hour and 10 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, turn out onto a cooling rack, and cool completely.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.