Full of flavor, this easy and simple Mustard Dipping Sauce is the perfect dipper for your favorite snacks, meat, poultry, seafood, and pretty much everything you want.
This recipe could well be your go-to sauce for everything you want. This mustard sauce recipe is perfect because it takes less than 15 minutes to make. Just enough time to enjoy with Chicken Nuggets, enjoy as a vinaigrette for your Arugula and Pomegranate Salad, and even with a healthy sandwich prepared with turkey lunchmeat.
The ingredients you will need for this mustard sauce
You will be surprised to know that this Mustard Dipping sauce requires very few ingredients. And most of the ingredients can be found in your refrigerator or pantry.
- Honey: this is one ingredients you should always have. Not only you can use it to sweeten your tea, coffee and smoothies, it helps balance the taste of the vinegar and the mustard.
- Mustard: Dijon Mustard all the way! A good mustard will make this sauce even better.
- Mayonnaise: there is nothing wrong with old school mayo. There’s no need to add a special type of mayonnaise, regular mayo will do just fine.
- Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar is my favorite vinegar because it balances the mustard and mayonnaise perfectly. The sauce is both sweet and tangy. Another alternatice is Apple Cider Vinegar. It is an excellent substitute as well as any other fruity balsamic vinegars.
- Garlic powder: best to use. If you use fresh garlic, make sure it is finelyl crushed.
- Paprika: add enough to add a slight smokey flavor.
- Red Pepper Flakes: use only a pinch at first and adjust to your tastebud.
How to make The Mustard Dipping Sauce
This is an effortless process. You will need a bowl, measuring spoons, and a whisk to make the sauce. That’s all!
Add everything in the bowl and whisk until all the ingredients are well incorporated and the mixture is creamy and smooth.
How to Store this Mustard sauce recipe
Storing is easy! Always make sure that your container is clean and sanitized. Be sure to use a glass container bowl with a cover or jar. This way, the substance will last longer – about one to two weeks and depending on usage.
Always remember that acidic sauce needs to be stored in glass containers. A mason jar is perfect for condiments.
Ways to Serve this Mustard sauce recipe
This sauce is very versatile. You can serve the mustard sauce with basically any food you prefer. For example:
- Chicken: grilled or roasted chicken sandwich, chicken nuggets and fried chicken
- Other meat(s): grilled or fried meat such as beef, pork, lamb and goat meat.
- Salads: use as a dressing or Vinaigrette by adding fresh chopped herbs
- Sandwich: use the sauce to make delicious sandwiches instead of storebough mustard sauce. Plenty of flavor!!!
Tips and Notes for the recipe
- The Mustard Sauce when stored in a cleaned glass jar will keep airtight in the fridge for at least 1 week.
- Spices: red pepper flakes gives it a nice kick and flavor.
- Don’t forget ground black pepper and salt.
- Vinegar: you can use white vinegar, balsamic and vinegar. I used Strawberry Balsamic vinegar because of flavor.
- Honey: this ingredient is best to use instead of any other substitution. The reason is because honey is a bit thick and it will help with keeping the sauce smooth. Substition such as Agave are good as well.
- Make sure you place the sauce in the refrigerator for a while before serving. All the ingredients will have time to blend in with each other.
- Can I call this sauce Caribbean Mustard Sauce? You can id you make it spicy with Caribbean herbs, spices, and hot peppers.
- This mustard sauce is also perfect for Roasted Turkey on Thanksgiving Day.
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard or yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar apple cider vinegar or
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Pinch Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until creamy and smooth. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.