Big chunks of raw broccoli florets, sliced grapes, slivered toasted almonds, slices of sweet peppers, sliced scallions, and absolutely no dressing to drench the salad.
I believe that greens and fruit salads shouldn’t be drenched in salad dressing. A lite dressing might work for the mixture. The healthiest way to enjoy this salad is by allowing all the natural flavors to come together in your mouth. Fruits are juicy and the same for many leafy and green vegetables.
About the salad
Eating the right fruits and vegetables has been associated with many lifestyle-health-related conditions. It is quite reasonable to eat raw vegetables, and Broccoli is one of the most common plants that add texture to salads.
Grapes are the perfect fruits to create a salad with vegetables. The juice of the grapes is enough to sweeten the broccoli, scallion, and sweet peppers. The almonds add a light nutty flavor to the salad.
A light homemade salad dressing will add tons of flavors. If you like your salad well coated with the dressing, toss all ingredients and place the bowl in the refrigerator. The dressing can be mixed with the salad right before serving as well. I think it is much better this way as the salad is crunchier.
This salad is great with roasted, baked, or grilled meat, poultry, or seafood. Do not use frozen broccoli as the florets won’t be crunchy. Fresh broccoli is the way to go. Also, use fresh peppers, and add the toasted almond after the salad dressing—just my own tips for crunchiness.
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 6 green onions sliced
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup mini sweet peppers sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon Noubess Mango Hot and Spicy Sauce optional
- 1 cup slivered almonds toasted
- In a large salad bowl, combine the broccoli, onions, sweet peppers and grapes. In another bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar, mango hot sauce and vinegar; pour over broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Stir in almonds just before serving.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.