Cheesy Roasted Broccoli is full of flavor! An easy side dish that is sure to be a favorite of everyone in your family. Whether they like vegetables or not, adding freshly grated cheese is the perfect topping for fresh vegetables.
Not too much cheese! Just the right amount of seasoning and grated Asiago Cheese. This recipe is not the loaded with cheese version where the broccoli florets are soaked or drenched in cheese sauce.
This recipe is versatile, and you can replace the broccoli for green beans, same as my recipe for Easy String Beans with Asiago Cheese. I am on a roll this week with my veggies, and I thought, why not share both recipes this week. Just a to give you time to go to the supermarket and shop.
Making budget friendly recipes is always a good idea.
Broccoli is one of the most eaten vegetables and is also considered a superfood. With its great health benefits, it is no wonder that it is widely consumed in many cuisines. Broccoli has many health benefits. It may help reduce the risk of cancer, improve bone health, boost immune health, improve skin health, and reduce inflammation. Check out the article listed below for more insight on the health benefits of broccoli
How to make Easy Cheesy Roasted Broccoli
Broccoli one of the best raw vegetables that you can cook. Broccoli makes one of the best salads. The seasonings and spices are the same as the recipe for Roasted String Beans with Asiago Cheese. Let’s review the ingredients needed for this recipe.
- Broccoli: you can either buy broccoli florets or a bunch of broccoli. The price is usually fair, not too costly.
- Olive Oil – when cooking vegetables, good olive oil is always necessary. The pure olive oil gives vegetables a nice flavor.
- Fresh garlic is good to use. I have tried this recipe with roasted garlic and the flavorful are absolutely wonderful.
- Lemon Zest for that zesty taste we all sometimes crave. But again it tones down the slight bitterness that broccoli sometimes has.
- Salt, to taste: kosher or sea salt is fine
- Freshly Ground Pepper to taste: freshly ground is always better and tastes better.
- Freshly grated Asiago Cheese: this is a good cheese to use when roasting vegetables and don’t want to use parmesan or cheddar cheese. The taste of these two kinds of cheese can sometimes be boring.
Instructions to make the recipe
For this recipe, again, it is best to use a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Fast, easy, and less messy – cleaning is also a breeze. This is recommended for all roasting vegetable recipes.
- Set an oven rack in the middle position and preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Put the broccoli florets in a large bowl. Add the sliced garlic, lemon zest (if using), olive oil, salt, pepper, and toss well. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet
- Roast the broccoli florets with the seasoning mixture for 15 minutes. Stir with a spatula to promote even cooking, sprinkle half of the asiago cheese, then continue roasting until the florets are tender throughout, about 10 minutes more. The broccoli florets should be fully cooked, with some lightly browned but not overcooked.
- Add remaining Asiago Cheese to the florets and toss well. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot or room temperature.
Notes and Variations
- Use Noubess Seasonings for more flavors.
- Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper to make cleaning easier.
- Buy pre-cut broccoli florets if you can.
- Add shallots, onion of sundried tomatoes to vary the dish and for a different taste.
Want to make this recipe using another vegetables? Try these vegetables
- String Beans
- Brussels Sprouts