Easy Roasted Red Snapper Meal
Easy Roasted Red Snapper Meal – This delicious recipe for red snapper is ready on the table in under 60 minutes! Perfect for a quick weeknight meal and so easy to make!
This Easy Roasted Red Snapper is marinated with Noubess Fish & Seafood Seasoning and stuffed with fresh herbs and lemon, and only takes 30 minutes in the oven. It’s a delicious and nutritious fish recipe—pair with vegetables, a salad, or a side of grains dish for a healthy weeknight dinner.
This recipe starts with red snapper, but any whole white fish will do. After the fish is scaled (if your fishmonger did not do it or do a good job) and cleaned, pat dry with a paper towel inside and out, cut about three slits about an inch apart across the top of the fish. (no need to cut too deep)
Prepare the seasoning by mixing Noubess Fish and Seafood Seasoning with Olive oil. The mixture is then used to season the fish inside and out and even the slits. I used additional fresh herbs for more flavor. Fresh herbs help keep the fish moist.
The fish is roasted in a 450°F oven for 18 – 20, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F and flakes easily with a fork. Keep in mind that cooking time will vary according to the type/size of your fish.
About red snapper
This type of fish is delicate and moist. It is widely consumed in the Caribbean and a favorite. It has a slightly sweet taste and is most delicious when cooked with fresh herbs with a hint of lemon.
This fish is cooked in many different ways. In the Caribbean, it is mainly enjoyed fried, in a court-bouillon, and grilled.
What to serve with Roasted Red Snapper
Usually, I would serve it with Rice and Beans and a side of salad. I also serve it with vegetables. The vegetables can be steamed cabbage for lent, baked carrot and parsnip, broccoli salad, and even a medley of cauliflower, broccoli, and carrot.
Let’s not forget the provisions. If you visit a Caribbean home, you will likely see boiled plantains or yam or fried plantains. Roasted potatoes make their presence occasionally, but it is not a favorite side dish for this roasted fish recipe.
This Roasted Red Snapper Meal is a fast and easy weeknight dinner that is healthy and delicious!
More Fish Recipes You’ll Love
- EASY BAKED FISH WITH TURMERIC
- EASY AND SIMPLE FRIED FISH
- HOW TO MAKE POISSON CREOLE OR CREOLE FISH RECIPE
Easy Roasted Red Snapper
- 1 large whole fish such as snapper, mahi-mahi, sea bass, or branzino, scaled and gutted
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Noubess Fish & Seafood Seasoning
- 1 lemon halved
- A handful of fresh herbs such as scallion, thyme, and parsley
- sea salt freshly-cracked black pepper
- Heat oven to 450°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, or grease with cooking spray.
- After getting your fish from your fishmonger, check for scales and remove them. Rinse the fish and lightly pat it dry with paper towels. Use a sharp knife to lightly score the top of the fish in diagonal lines about 1-inch apart. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix Noubess Fish and Seafood Seasoning with oil.
- Brush the seasoning mixture all over the fish generously on both sides. Insert the seasoning in the inner cavity as well.
- Slice half of the lemon into slices, and roughly chopped the herbs. Stuffed everything into the cavity of the fish.
- You can also season the outside of the fish with a few pinches of sea salt, and black pepper if you want. (this step is optional)
- Roast for 18-20 minutes, or until the fish reaches an internal temperature of 145°F and flakes easily with a fork. (Cooking time will vary depending on the size/variety of your fish.)
- Remove from the oven, and squeeze the juice from the remaining lemon half evenly over the top of the fish.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.