This Vegetables Tart with Feta Cheese is deliciously rich and perfect for your next Sunday lunch or Sunday brunch! A classic Spring and Fall Pie
A simple blend of healthy vegetables full of antioxidants, seasoning, and a smooth blend of cream cheese, with Feta cheese, and Noubess Hot Sauce.
You may want to save this to your recipes repertoire
Every so often, I stumbled upon recipes I want to try over and over again. These recipes are usually made with ingredients I constantly have in my refrigerator and pantry. These ingredients or food are flour, vegetables, cheese, seasonings, and spices.
Vegetables are popular foods in every country. Whether you are vegan or not, vegetables are a staple in every home. I love simple and easy vegetable recipes that don’t take long to prepare. One of my favorites is Sauteed Chayote. Although chayote is not common in every household, whenever I go shopping I always find one or two people asking me for instructions on how to cook it.
Tomatoes and zucchini are popular vegetables and I absolutely love the combination. It is almost like preparing a classic vegetable stew such as eggplant with tomatoes.
Eggplant has a tendency to dry up when there’s not enough moisture. The zucchini slices and the tomatoes keep the eggplant pieces moist and also provide tons of flavor. Keeping the moisture is key for the eggplant to cook.
Ingredients in the Vegetables Tart with Feta Cheese
- Short cut pastry dough or tart crust dough: if you love baking, you can make your own dough. If not, you can purchase already made dough at your local market.
- Vegetables: red and yellow bell peppers, eggplant, zucchini, and tomatoes are vegetables you can find in many markets.
- Garlic, fresh is always good
- Noubess Garlic and Herbs, you can order from Noubess.com
- Noubess Hot and Spicy Sauce, you can order from Noubess.com
- Crumbled Feta Cheese, you can find it in the cheese section of your local market. No need to spend a lot of money as you will only need 50 grams or about 1/4 cup.
- You can either use Ricotta or Cream cheese, please don’t buy light ricotta or light cream cheese. You need a rich texture.
- Balsamic vinegar, the older the better, but no fussing here
- Fresh Parsley, fresh is always better with vegetables
- Olive oil, no need to go crazy here.
How to Make Vegetables Tart with Feta Cheese
Much like a ratatouille, this is the epitome of “easy as pie”. The hardest part will be how to keep the tart shells from falling apart. The word Shells is plural because the recipe uses two rectangular tart pan with removable bottoms.
The baking tool is very crucial. This tart must be baked in a tart pan with a removable bottom. When using a removable bottom pan it is easier to slide the tart to another plate or platter. If using tartlets, there’s no need because the smaller the tart pan, the easier it is to handle.
Here are the steps:
- Lining the pan will require some hands-on work. Make sure your hands are thoroughly dry when handling the dough. And use a knife or kitchen shears to trim the excess dough. Use a fork to pierce the pastry, refrigerate for 15 minutes, live with baking paper, three-quarter fill with baking beans or uncooked rice and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and bake further for 10 additional minutes until lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
- While the pastry dough is baking and cooling prepare the vegetables and the cheese mixture.
- Season and toss the vegetables with Noubess Garlic and Herbs and oil, spread on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are lightly golden, cook but still a bit crunchy.
- Prepare the cheese mixture by mixing the cream cheese with the feta cheese and Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Sauce. Mix until well blended.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the cooled pastry and top with cooked vegetables. Cook for 10 minutes or until heated through. Top with chopped parsley. Serve as a main dish or with a meat or seafood entree.
Can you freeze Vegetables Tart with Feta Cheese?
Yes, you can definitely freeze a tart! It is important to note that freezing only for a couple of days is recommended. You will need to thaw the tart completely before reheating it. It is possible that the tart is soggy – that is why it is recommended to only freeze it for a couple of days.
Can you store Vegetables Tart with Feta Cheese in a refrigerator?
Yes, definitely! The tart will last up to 5 days in a refrigerator. Proper storage is key. Use a plastic container with a lid or a glass container with a lid to store the tart.
Please note never to store the tart in aluminum foil or plastic bag. The tart will fall apart.
This will be the best Vegetable tart recipe you have ever tried! Not only is it incredibly easy to make but the flavor is just perfectly spiced. The kids will love the texture and the vegetables because they are a bit savory and sweet. Be sure to keep this recipe at hand because your family will be asking for it again and again!
Here’s the recipe!
- 3 – 4 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry partially thawed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion cut into thin wedges
- 3 garlic cloves mashed
- 2 zucchini halved lengthways, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 eggplant (regular size) cut in cubes
- 1- pint cherry tomatoes halves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Noubess Garlic and Herbs
- 300 g 1 1/4 cup fresh ricotta or 12 ounces cream cheese at room temperature and soft
- 300 g 2 cups feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tbsp Noubess Hot and Spicy Original Sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Grease a large deep sheet pan. Arrange the vegetables on the sheet pan.
- In a bowl, mix garlic, oil, ground cumin, Noubess Garlic, and Herbs. Drizzle over the vegetables and cook for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Use the pastry to line the base and sides of the pans. Trim off the excess pastry. Using a fork, pierce the pastry base about 6 – 8 times (be careful not to pierce the dough all the way through). Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the pastry is cooked and lightly golden. Set aside.
- In a bowl and with a fork, mix the feta cheese and the cream cheese or ricotta cheese (whichever ones you’re using) and Noubess Hot and Spicy Sauce. Mix until well combine
- With a spoon, spread the cheese mixture gently in the tart, using the back of the spoon to smooth the mixture. Place the tart pans back in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the mixture is lightly golden
- Place the cooked vegetables in a bowl. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar and mix well.
- Top the cheese mixture with the vegetables. Top with fresh chopped parsley before servin
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.