Jerk Pork Roast, fresh pork bone-in, seasoned perfectly and roasted to perfection with jerk seasoning.
My wonderful Jerk Pork Roast is for any holiday or anytime to want to have a festive dinner. I have created and tried several recipes and this one is my favorite because it is so easy and effortless. It is effortless because I cheat for a good reason. If there is a good reason to cheat, this is one.
You can either use Noubess Jerk Seasoning or wet store-bought jerk seasoning. There is no shame when you don’t have time to blend spices. The store-bought jar always does the job for me.
Prefer using wet jerk seasoning, a mild or hot jerk seasoning, the taste is always good.
How to make the recipe
This Jerk Pork Roast is made with a fresh bone-in pork shoulder. The pork shoulder is marinated for about 10 hours with lemon juice, sour orange juice, store-bought jerk seasoning, salt, and garlic powder. Not a long list of ingredients.
After marinating, the pork is roasted in the oven until a meat thermometer inserted into the center registers 185 degrees F for well-done, about 3 – 4 hours depending on the size of the pork shoulder.
When using a store-bought jerk seasoning make sure it is one you are familiar with and trust. The additional two tablespoons of jerk seasoning rubbed on the pork before roasting is optional and will make the meat taste spicier.
Marinating a whole piece of meat before roasting is always good. The meat has time to absorb the flavor of the spices. So roasting a pork shoulder after marinating for an extended period is the perfect way to create a tasty and appetizing roast.
Other Pork recipes you may enjoy
- 9 lb pork shoulder bone in
- 1 lime
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sour orange juice
- 8 tablespoons jerk seasoning store bought
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- Clean pork shoulder with lime, rinse with cold water and pat dry. Using a sharp knife, score the surface of the meat with small but deep slits. Place pork shoulder in a large bowl. In another bowl, mix all ingredients and 6 tablespoons of jerk seasoning. Pour jerk mixture over pork shoulder and make sure that some of the spices go inside the slits. Cover pork with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 10 hours or overnight.
- Allow the meat to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking. Preheat oven to 180ºC / 350ºF / Gas Mark 4. Remove pork from marinade and pat dry. Rub the remaining 2 tablespoons all over the meat and place fat side up in a roasting pan fitted with a rack insert.
- Roast meat for 2 hours. Lower heat to 160°C / 325°F / Gas Mark 3 and continue to roast for 1 hour and 50 minutes until a meat thermometer inserted into the center registers 85°C / 185°F for well-done and the skin is crispy brown. Let the roast rest before slicing.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.