Homemade Applesauce, made with fresh local apples.
Use it in baking and cooking. Homemade Applesauce makes the perfect snack for kids.
- 6 large Apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Organic Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- In a saucepan, add apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until the apples chunks are falling apart. Allow apples to cool. With a masher or a fork, mash all pieces. Serve alone as a snack or desserts or store for later use.
To make Homemade Applesauce, use cooking apples such as red delicious, gala, cortland, empire, or macintosh. This recipe makes 2 1/2 - 3 cups of applesauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Did you make this recipe?
Let us know how it was!