Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Linguine with Carrots in a cheese and savory sauce is one of the best dishes I ever created for no meat dinner day. If you have not tried mixing pasta with carrots and leeks, then today is your lucky day. This recipe will knock your socks off.
The perfect blend of cheeses and spices coats each strand of pasta; the sweetness of the carrots and the subtle and distinct taste of the leeks makes this dish clean, healthy and delicious.
I cannot recall anyone in my family being a vegetarian 100 percent. The idea of cooking a full vegetarian meal in my home is out of the question. When I say full vegetarian, I mean no dairy product as well. This recipe is not 100 percent vegetarian because it contains two of my favorite cheeses, mascarpone cheese, and parmesan cheese, hence dairy products.
A creamy cheese sauce mixed with linguine pasta and vegetables is like having a one pot dish. This type of one pot dish is a great alternative to a 3 or 5-course meal dinner.
The first step in preparing this dish is to cook the pasta al dente. You can either use linguine or fettuccine with this dish. I would not recommend regular spaghetti because of the size of the noodles. Creamy sauces usually coat thicker noodles than thin ones.
The carrots and leeks are slowly cooked with a mixture of herbs and spices.
The cheeses follow after and then the pasta is added last. To finish the dish you can always add more grated cheese.
Adding a meat or poultry dish is not necessary because this one pot meal is very filling.
Hope you enjoy my recipe for Linguine with Carrots in a cheese and savory sauce.
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek cleaned and sliced
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 3 medium carrots sliced
- 6 tablespoons of Mascarpone
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- ? teaspoon of crushed peppers
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash original seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to packaging. Drain noodles and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside. Reserved about 1 cup pasta liquid.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add leek, carrots and italian seasoning. Cook for about 3 minutes then add about 8 tablespoons of reserved pasta liquid to help the leek and carrots cook. Let’s veggies cook thoroughly but still crunchy.
- Add cheeses and stir to mix. Add about ½ cup of cooking liquid in cheese mixture to create the sauce. Add crushed peppers, mustard, Mrs. Dash Seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Add pasta and mix well until each pasta noodle is coated with the creamy sauce. Let cook for about 2 - 3 minutes. Remove from heat and serve immediately with grated cheese if preferred.