Linguine with Carrots in a savory and cheese sauce
Linguine with Carrots in a savory and cheese sauce is one of the best dishes I ever created for no meat dinner day. If you have not tried mixing pasta with carrots and leeks, then today is your lucky day. This recipe will knock your socks off
The perfect blend of cheeses and spices coats each strand of pasta; the sweetness of the carrots and the subtle and distinct taste of the leeks makes this dish clean, healthy, and delicious.
The idea of cooking a meatless meal can be a challenge. This recipe is not vegetarian because it contains dairy products. It is fulfilling and one of the easiest and most delicious meals you can make any weeknight.
How to make the recipe for Linguine with Carrots
You will need the following ingredients to make the sauce and then add the pasta.
- Olive oil
- Cleaned and sliced Leek
- Italian Seasoning
- Carrots sliced
- Mascarpone Cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Crushed Red Peppers
- Dijon mustard
- Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
A creamy cheese sauce mixed with linguine pasta and vegetables is like having a one-pot dish. This type of one-pot dish is a great alternative to a 3 or 5-course meal dinner.
The first step in preparing this dish is to cook the pasta al dente. You can either use linguine or fettuccine in this recipe. I would not recommend regular spaghetti because of the size of the noodles. Creamy sauces are better with thicker noodles; a thick and creamy sauce will coat the pasta better.
Fresh carrots and leek are slowly cooked with a mixture of herbs and spices. The vegetable mixture is mixed with the cheeses. One important tip to remember is to add about 1/4 cup of pasta cooking liquid so the noodles are not dry.
To finish the dish you can always add more grated cheese.
Adding a meat or poultry dish is not necessary because this one-pot meal is very filling. Serve this dish with a side dish such as a fresh broccoli and grape salad.
Hope you enjoy my recipe for Linguine with Carrots in a savory and cheese sauce.
Linguine with Carrots in a cheese and savory sauce
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek cleaned and sliced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3 medium carrots sliced
- 6 tablespoons Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash original seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to packaging. Drain noodles and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside. Reserved about 1 cup pasta liquid.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add leek, carrots and italian seasoning. Cook for about 3 minutes then add about 8 tablespoons of reserved pasta liquid to help the leek and carrots cook. Let’s veggies cook thoroughly but still crunchy.
- Add cheeses and stir to mix. Add about ½ cup of cooking liquid in cheese mixture to create the sauce. Add crushed peppers, mustard, Mrs. Dash Seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Add pasta and mix well until each pasta noodle is coated with the creamy sauce. Let cook for about 2 – 3 minutes. Remove from heat and serve immediately with grated cheese if preferred.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.