Delicious Roasted Cauliflower with Cashews and Raisins
Roasted Cauliflower with Cashews and Raisins seasoned with Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning, a beautiful and delicious dish that is quick and easy to make.
I’ve always wanted to make my own version of Roasted Cauliflower with Pistachios and Raisins but keep forgetting to do so when I have all the ingredients in my pantry. Since I had golden raisins, I decided to try the recipe with cashews instead of pistachios. For one reason or another, I always have a can or bag of cashews in my pantry. Maybe it is because of my Caribbean culture. Or maybe because my mom loved cooking with cashews a lot.
We consume cashews more than any other nuts at home. Whether as a snack, cooking, or baking, you will always find a jar filled with these beautiful and healthy nuts. I love a good Springtime Rice with Cashews, Red Snapper with Cashews, and even Chicken with Cashew nuts.
I also have a recipe for cashew milk that does not last long in the refrigerator because it is so delicious. But again, I guess it is because I don’t make a lot of it.
Diving into the healthy side of cooking
Before diving into the benefits of healthy vegetables and nuts, let’s talk a bit about allergies. Allergies have been on the rise for many years now. The reasons vary from the use of pesticides, food handling, and just the way our body is structured.
Pesticides are used by farmers to keep pests and weeds from destroying their crops. Pesticides are also used to add more nutrients to the soil. But are there good pesticides and bad ones? The answer is complicated. It is complicated because even organic foods have pesticides. Apparently, the type of pesticides is different from the most common ones. Take a look at the article below to learn more about
Health benefits of Cauliflower and Cashews
Cauliflower, a member of the cruciferous
Cashews are one of the lowest-fiber, highest carbohydrate nuts and they’re packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Cashews are one of the most versatile nuts in my opinion. It might be because of my culture but again it’s consumed many ways in other parts of the world.
How to make Roasted Cauliflower with Cashews and Raisins
The recipe is simple. One head of cauliflower is cut into small pieces, seasoned with Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning, Noubess Lemon Oil (coming soon), and roasted in an oven at 400 degrees F for 20 – 25 minutes. The
There are a few surprises with this recipe besides the fact that it is easy to make. The first surprise is the seasoning.
I used Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning because of its aromatic smell and delicious flavors. And also because it contains very little sodium. With Noubess Lemon Infused Olive Oil, this is a winning recipe for sure.
The golden raisins are revived and fluffed in Noubess Lemon Infused Olive Oil and shallots to complete this wonderful and delicious side dish.
Here’s the recipe.
Roasted Cauliflower with Cashews and Raisins
- 1 head of cauliflower cored, with florets sliced into medium size pieces.
- 2 tablespoons of Noubess Lemon Infused Olive Oil divided
- 2 teaspoons Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup roasted whole cashews
- 1 medium shallot chopped
- Parsley chopped to garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut the head of cauliflower in half, then cut the large florets off of the core. Discard the core. Slice each large floret into medium size slices, depending on the size of the florets. When you get to the small florets, you can leave them whole. Toss the cauliflower with one tablespoon Noubess Lemon Infused Olive Oil, and 1 ½ teaspoon Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning.
- Lay the cauliflower pieces on the baking sheet, cut side down to get the most browning. Sprinkle another tablespoon of olive oil over the top of the cauliflower. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the cauliflower is tender and nicely browned.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, place the butter in a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until melted. Add the chopped shallot and cook for about 3 minutes while stirring to avoid burning. Add golden raisins, cashews and ½ teaspoon Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning and sauté for five minutes or so. Reduce the heat to low, and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Set the shallot, cashews, raisins, and butter mixture aside until the cauliflower is done.
- When the cauliflower is nicely roasted, place it in your serving bowl and top with the butter, cashews and raisins mixture. Top with parsley, if desired, and serve.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.
How many carbs?
Hi there! The information has been provided. Thanks for letting us know.