Healthy and delicious, these roasted potatoes with rosemary packs a flavor punch. These roasted potatoes with rosemary give a new meaning to “oven-roasted.” Not only do they taste great, but they’re also easy to make.
Using fresh rosemary on potatoes can give them a wonderful, delicate flavor that goes well with any main dish. For one reason or another, a dish of potatoes is always included in gatherings. I guess maybe because it is both common and versatile, that is why it is always included. Do you know that potatoes are available year-round because they are harvested somewhere every month of the year? Because it is considered comfort food, having a dish of potatoes, whether mashed, baked, or roasted, is always recommended for family dinners and small and large gatherings.
Do you also know that potatoes do not need much to taste good? The right amount of salt and pepper is sometimes sufficient for a roasted potato dish, for example. If you want to be fancy, like I did, add some fresh rosemary leaves.
A little bit about buying potatoes for the Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary recipe
Don’t be quick at buying any potatoes. There are so many varieties that it is impossible to learn all of them unless you are a fanatic about potatoes which I doubt. LOL. Some potatoes roast better than others. With this dish, red potatoes were selected. Red potatoes are small to medium in size. They are usually round or slightly oblong with smooth, thin red skin and white flesh. Because red potato flesh stays firm while roasting, it is the preferred choice for this wonderful dish.
Did I say how simple this dish was? Well, it is; again, what I like to do it to try it with different types of salt. I know what you are about to say. Salt is salt! Well, as many may say no and many may say yes, my answer will always be negative. All types of salts do not taste the same.
One of the best and most common salt to use with roasted potatoes is sea salt. I like using sea salt because it brings out the earthiness of the potatoes. It becomes one with the fresh rosemary leaves to give you that mouthwatering taste you crave when you are in the mood for starch.
You can use Rosemary powder, but you will have to use very little as the dried seasoning is stronger than the fresh herb.
Don’t you feel like roasting potatoes by now? If so, what are you waiting for? All you need is red potatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, fresh rosemary leaves, and olive oil.
Recipe ideas for the Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary
- Easy Baharat Chicken
- Chicken with Olives (Poulet aux Olives)
- Delicious and Easy Roasted Pork Neck Bones
- Baked Pork Chops with Tomato, Garlic Butter
- 2 pounds medium to small-unpeeled red potatoes cut into wedges
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to coat potatoes. Spread out potatoes in a single layer on a large baking sheet or a large baking dish. Roast, stirring once halfway through, until the potatoes are golden brown and crisp outside and tender. Cooking time is about 30 – 35 minutes.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.