Spicy Grilled Shrimp with Avocado and Tomato Salad is a quick meal that will satisfy your taste buds. The shrimp are marinated in a mixture of fresh herbs and spices, grilled to perfection and served with a delicious and refreshing Avocado and Tomato Salad. A quick meal with the perfect balance of rich, bold colors and delicate flavors.
For many years, Shrimp has been one of the most popular seafood in many households. It is very easy to cook and readily available in many supermarkets, fresh, cooked or frozen. Seasoning shrimp with only salt and pepper should no longer be an option or even the norm for you anymore.
Shrimp can take a little spice. They absorb the aroma and flavors of fresh herbs and spices. Chives, parsley, and garlic are the best herbs to season shrimp. With the help of lemon or lime juice (whichever you use), the herbs release their flavors more.
Shrimp are highly perishable, and your buying process may not be easy or simple. Bad shrimp will give out an ammonia odor which is the indication that the spoiling process has begun. Fresh shrimp should be firm to the touch, not slimy, limp or fall apart. These are all signs decay.
I am always looking for quick and efficient ways to feed my family and friends. This quick meal is the perfect way to bring everyone together. Both recipes are easy to prepare, while chatting with friends or ahead of their visit. My family loves to eat, and this quick meal can be somewhat challenging at times. The best way I have been able to avoid a lot of saying like “is the food ready yet” or “I’m hungry, can we eat now” is with planning. I usually plan my menu ahead of time to avoid lots of whining. Trust me! LOL
[ihc-hide-content ihc_mb_type=”block” ihc_mb_who=”unreg” ihc_mb_template=”1″ ]
My recipe for Spicy Grilled Shrimp with Avocado and Tomato Salad can easily be prepared with prawns if you prefer. Not much difference between shrimp and prawns. It is best to use extra-large shrimp or prawns because they are better for grilling and do not overcook quickly on high heat. Marinated in a mixture of herbs and spices and lemon juice is the preferred option for grilling. The taste of the lemon gives a succulent kick to the shrimp.
The Avocado and Tomato Salad recipe compliments the grilled shrimp. Small chunks of avocado mixed with tomatoes, red onion, salt, pepper, grapeseed oil and a splash of lemon juice. Just delicious!
The final addition to this delicious meal are slices of crusty bread. I have always loved bread and avocado. Spicy grilled shrimp and avocado and tomato salad recipe is the perfect quick meal on a busy schedule.
for shrimp recipe
- 2 pounds extra-large shrimp peeled deveined
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped flat parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ?2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to season
for salad recipe
- 3-4 fresh large tomatoes diced
- Kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 avocados peeled and cut into small bite-sized chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil sunflower oil or grapeseed oil
- Juice of 1 medium lemon about 2 Tablespoon
- Freshly ground black pepper
for shrimp recipe
- Mix all ingredient in a bowl and marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator. Prepare grill to medium high heat and grill for 5-6 minutes turning to char all sides. Alternatively, prepare a griddle pan and grill on a stovetop at high heat 5 – 6 minutes and turning to char on all sides.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.