Red potatoes with Butter Scallion Vinaigrette and fresh garlic make for the best warm potato salad ever. So simple, so delicious!
Who does not like a good red potatoes dish? I know I do and many of you as well.
Here’s a quick and easy recipe for a side salad that is best served warm and perfect with any roasted meat.
The method is straightforward, and you will be surprised by the results. First, you peel the potatoes and cut them into small pieces or bite-size pieces. This is the trick! You do need to soak before boiling the potatoes. Boiling will remove the extra starch from the potatoes.
Just remember to lightly salt the water if you are using salted butter for the sauce.
Three simple tricks will elevate the taste of the dish and make it a success. First, do not overcook the potatoes; second use fresh scallions and fresh garlic.
The third step is to use a good brand of butter. That’s all you need. Seriously!
This potato dish is best served warm or at room temperature. I don’t personally like cold potatoes, but if you do, it might work for you. Warmed, they are perfect to serve with any roasted meat or poultry.
- 4 red potatoes cleaned, peeled and cut in bite-size pieces
- 2 – 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 scallion stalks thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove mashed
- Pepper to taste
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 12-15 mins until just tender.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, melt butter, add garlic and scallions. Cook the mixture for about 2 – 3 minutes on low heat, enough time for the garlic and scallions to release their flavors.
- Drain the potatoes and tip into a large bowl. Drizzle over the sauce and gently mix to coat the pieces. Leave to stand for 7- 10 mins to allow the potatoes to absorb the flavors. To serve, reheat the potatoes lightly Season to taste and serve immediately.
- Or serve immediately after tossing with the butter sauce.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.