Last updated on September 21st, 2021 at 02:37 pm
Vegetables Rice with Sweet Peppers and Shrimp, a simple jasmine rice recipe that is a hearty and appetizing dish. Light and fragrant, jasmine rice has a nutty taste that goes well with mixed vegetables and shrimp. With the several health benefits, it is no wonder that this type of rice is loved by many people.
Fried in a mixture of olive oil and spices, the aroma of the rice is the perfect marriage with the Sweet Peppers with Shrimp. Always remember to rinse your rice first to remove the starch. Add the right water ratio and you will have the perfect grainy and perfectly cooked rice dish. Best to serve with jumbo shrimp.
A bowl of long-grained rice doubles the pleasure of eating the perfect side dish. But because of the sweet peppers and shrimp, it is a complete meal on its own. A one pot meal; the perfect dinner for any day of the week that will please your family.
For the vegetables and rice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon spice mixed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 oz frozen mixed veggies thawed
- 1 whole hot pepper
- 3 cups of rice
- 4 ½ cup water
For the Shrimp
- 2 pound of Jumbo Shrimp cleaned and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup bell peppers sliced or chopped
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon low sodium oyster sauce original or vegetarian sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Few drops of lemon juice
- In a bowl, toss the cleaned and deveined shrimp with the oil, garlic, oyster sauce, and sweet peppers.
- In a heavy bottom medium saucepan, add oil, garlic, spice mixture, tomatoes, followed by the veggies. Let mixture fry for about 2- 3 minutes stirring occasionally. Add rice, mix well, cook for an additional 2- 4 minutes. Pour 4 ¼ cups of water and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper and add whole pepper. Stir once, (be careful not to burst hot pepper. If burst, remove immediately) let cook uncovered until the water has almost evaporated. Cover and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, in a skillet, sautéed the shrimp over moderately high heat, turning the shrimp once, until just pink throughout. Add the lemon juice and parsley.
- Remove from heat then fluff with a fork and add cooked shrimp.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.