A Tuna Salad with Romaine Lettuce, Avocado, and Pomegranate with a zesty dressing makes this a completely healthy meal for lunch.
One-bowl, one-pot, or one-sheet-pan meals are on the rise and have much to do with convenience. Getting all the ingredients in one container is easy, but figuring out the flavor might be challenging. I have it all figured out for you!
Tuna Salad is a quick meal for lunch and even dinner. Many people prefer adding mayonnaise to their tuna salad for taste. Another ingredient, lemon juice, is necessary not only for taste but aroma as well.
The secret ingredient for the recipe
Lemon juice is one of the most favored secret ingredients for seafood. How about learning a new secret ingredient that will knock your socks off?
How about adding a hot sauce that has depth, definition, and tantalizing herbs and pepper taste? Adding a good hot sauce such as NouBess will create more flavors to enjoy, no matter how creative or spontaneous you want to be.
This special tuna salad is simple and easy to make. A few drops of lemon juice and about 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of Noubess hot sauce is the perfect spice to season your tuna fish.
Although there’s not much to making tuna salad with romaine lettuce, adding a little sweetness and more crunch will balance the meal. For this salad, I chose to add pomegranate seeds. They are crunchy, delicious, juicy, and full of antioxidants.
I like using water packed-tuna, but if you prefer to use oil-packed tuna, by all means, use that. I think adding water-packed tuna to lettuce and fruits adds a much cleaner taste, in my opinion.
What do you benefit from this Tuna Salad with Romaine Lettuce, Avocado, and Pomegranate
You’ve got protein from the tuna, your spoonful of vitamin C & K from the Romaine Lettuce, a healthy dose of fiber and anti-inflammatory properties from the Pomegranate Seeds, and lots of bold flavors from the homemade dressing.
Oh! And let’s not forget about Avocado, another healthy ingredient full of healthy benefits. No need to add mayonnaise or even mustard. A simple way of enjoying a quick salad for lunch.
This is a delicious and healthy tuna salad recipe that is perfect for a light lunch or dinner. It is made with tuna, avocado, pomegranate seeds, and a simple dressing. The tuna is mixed with the avocado and pomegranate seeds and then dressed in olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and NouBess Hot Sauce. The salad is then served on a bed of romaine lettuce.
Here’s my quick and perfect recipe for Tuna Salad with Romaine, Avocado, and Pomegranate. I think it’s just about perfect!
Notes and Tips
- For a more flavorful salad, toast the pomegranate seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Add chopped vegetables to the salad, such as celery, onion, or cucumber.
- Serve the salad on a bed of your favorite greens, such as arugula, spinach, or mixed greens.
- Add cooked quinoa, brown rice, or chickpeas for a heartier salad.
- This salad can be made and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Other tuna salad recipe ideas
- EASY TUNA WRAP SALAD RECIPE
- CRUNCHY CABBAGE AND TUNA SALAD SANDWICH
- TUNA FISH WITH ORANGE OR THON A L’ORANGE
- 1 head romaine Lettuce cleaned and chopped
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 1- 7 oz can of Tuna
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon Noubess Hot Sauce
- 2 handfuls of Baby Spinach leaves
- 1 Shallots sliced
- 1 handful of Pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard or more
- Thoroughly wash lettuce and spinach and use salad spinner to dry if preferred. Shoppe lettuce leaves. Add leaves(lettuce and spinach) to a large bowl.
- Remove water from tuna and add to a bowl. Mix about ? to ¼ teaspoon Mango Gourmet Hot Sauce, leaving a few chunks intact. Spread over lettuce and spinach.
- Add avocado, sliced shallots and pomegranate.
- You can mix all the ingredients if preferred.
- Serve alone for lunch or dinner or as a side dish.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.